1,776 U.S. flags, purchased by those who wish to honor their hero, will be flown in the North Texas Field of Honor® paying tribute to veterans, active and reserve duty military, and first responders during Veteran’s Day week, November 11 – 17, 2019. The full-size flags will have a yellow ribbon with the information of the hero in whose honor the flag was purchased. The flag display will be in front of Keller Town Hall. Following the closing ceremonies, flags are either picked up or mailed. Net proceeds from the event will benefit veteran, first responder, and local Rotary Club of Keller charities.
- Flags are purchased to be flown in the North Texas Field of Honor®.
- All flags are shipped to the Rotary Club of Keller.
- The Rotary Club of Keller will place all flags in the field and attach a yellow ribbon and card with the honoree’s information to the flag pole.
- The public can visit the field from November 11th to 17th and attend the scheduled ceremonies (see the Events page).
- After the event, purchased flags can be picked up or mailed (if the $7 mailing fee was paid at the time of purchase) to the purchaser, honoree or someone else within the 48 contiguous states.
GallantFew, No Brother Fights Alone, The Russ Martin Listeners Foundation, Texas Police Chiefs Association Foundation, and the Rotary Club of Keller Foundation.
Name and branch of service (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines, Police Fire, EMT) of honoree and a personal sentiment (up to 30 characters).
A card thanking the honoree for his/her service and a statement that the flag was flown in their honor in the North Texas Field of Honor® from Nov. 11 – 17, 2019.
CFF, a 501(c)3, owns the copyright to the Field of Honor®. They assist with event planning and marketing, provide the flags and flag set, and provide a grid for marking the field.
If neither the honoree nor purchaser want the flag, do not pick the flag up after closing ceremonies and do not have the flag mailed. All flags not picked up or mailed are donated back to the Rotary Club of Keller and will be flown in other local area flag related events.
When visiting the Field of Honor®, you can attach a picture of your hero or note to the flag pole or place it at the base of the flag. If you wish to attach the photo or note to the flag pole, please see a docent for assistance. Candles with flames cannot be burned at the field or left at the base of the flag.